Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Research Complex at Harwell is a UKRI institution and in accordance with the UKRI EDI strategy, we are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion within our community, and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Our aim is for the community here at Research Complex to be truly representative of all sections of society, our employees and our users, and for each member to feel respected and able to give their best.
Our principles align with the four main objectives from UKRI’s EDI strategy:
Objective 1: Foster a world-class research and innovation system, ‘by everyone, for everyone’.
Objective 2: Include and support a diversity of people and ideas through our funding and partnerships.
Objective 3: Create a more inclusive and fair organisational culture, where everyone can contribute and participate, and feels valued and respected.
Objective 4: Advance and grow knowledge and capability to support a thriving research and innovation system by being a creative, evidence-based and evidence- informed organisation.
All who work or visit Research Complex have a responsibility to:
- Treat others with dignity and respect.
- Report discrimination, bullying, unfair treatment or harassment that they experience or witness
- Help identify discriminatory practices or procedures and bring these to the attention of their supervisor, line manager, union representative, or HR.
- Contribute to creating an inclusive learning environment that values difference.
- Express opinions constructively with sensitivity and respect.
We encourage equality, diversion and inclusion as they are good practice and make business sense. We are focused on creating a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.