Access to RCaH is associated with funding from one of the stakeholders or collaboration with one of the resident groups.
In addition to any application to a stakeholder, RCaH requires applicants to submit a completed Application Form, according to the procedure below.
- Read the User Access Policy and decide if you are eligible.
- Contact the RCaH Director or Operations Manager to discuss your proposal and decide if RCaH facilities are available and appropriate.
- If you do not already have appropriate support from a stakeholder (BBSRC, Diamond, EPSRC, MRC, NERC, STFC) then check the User Access Policy and decide how you will obtain stakeholder support (e.g. via a grant application or facility access).
- You should discuss the proposal with the relevant stakeholder programme manager (generally the stakeholder representative on the RCaH Board).
- Complete an Application for Access to the Research Complex at Harwell (RCaH) form, including the safety assessment.
- Applications to RCaH can be sent at any time, and will be assessed in a timely fashion, according to the procedures laid out in the User Access Policy.
- If facilities are oversubscribed, access will depend on availability.
- Time and facilities will be allocated according to the needs of the project.
- Working at RCaH is subject to security screening.