Access to RCaH could be associated with an STFC grant award, use of an STFC facility or for STFC staff. An investigator might apply for long-term residence supported by a research grant, in which case the need for RCaH facilities should be identified in the proposal. Short-term access could be associated with access to STFC facilities, such as Diamond, ISIS and CLF, and users can request this as part of their facility access proposal. STFC staff could make proposals directly to their STFC management. Occasional access (less than one day) to RCaH facilities should be discussed directly with the RCaH Director or Operations Manager.

Applicants are encouraged to discuss their ideas with their relevant STFC Director (Andrew Taylor; John Collier).