How to apply to RCaH
Access to RCaH is associated with funding from one of the stakeholders. In addition to any application to a stakeholder, RCaH requires completion of an application form, following the procedure outlined below:
- Read the User Access Policy and decide if you are eligible.
- Contact the RCaH Director or Operations Manager to discuss your proposal and decide if RCaH facilities are available and appropriate.
- If you do not already have appropriate support from a stakeholder (BBSRC, Diamond, EPSRC, MRC, NERC, STFC) then check the User Access Policy and decide how you will obtain stakeholder support (e.g. via a grant application or facility access).
- You should discuss the proposal with the relevant stakeholder programme manager (generally the stakeholder representative on the RCaH Board).
- Complete an Application for Access to the Research Complex at Harwell (RCaH) form, including the safety assessment.
- Applications to RCaH can be sent at any time, and will be assessed in a timely fashion, according to the procedures laid out in the RCaH User Access Policy.
- In the event of oversubscription to facilities, access will depend on availability.
- Time and facilities will be allocated according to the needs of the project.
- Working at the Research Complex at Harwell is subject to security screening.
- Applications will not be reviewed during August.
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com.
ISIS and LSF Users
ISIS and LSF users who wish to access the RCaH should contact the ISIS User Office in the first instance.
The ISIS User Office will forward your proposal to RCaH (quoting your ISIS RB number) whereby RCaH will assess your application for access and notify you accordingly.